HR Tips and Advice for working with remote workers with Michael Boyd at Boyd HR
Boyd HR – A short 30 minute guide on HR Tips and Advice for working with remote workers with Michael Boyd at Boyd HR for small businesses. Get access to full Handout Guide from Michael Boyd as a Powerpoint presentation here >> Lunch Learn Presentation – with Answers (003).
See Meeting Recording HERE. Available until August 30th. Access Passcode: %19k3jXp
Third Wednesday Lunch & Learn August 18th 1.00 to 1.45 pm
What will you learn?
This short session will look at tips to help you to understand how to employ remote workers post-COVID
What we’ll cover:
Four challenges employers are facing right now and how to tackle these effectively
1. Returning to the workplace
Poll: Do you feel Employees should be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status?
– Can you require an employee to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status?
– Can an employer mandate their staff to take the vaccine?
– Should employers encourage their staff to avail of the vaccine?
– What is needed to protect the Health & Safety of staff returning to work?
– How can you ensure a balance between ‘individual rights’ and the ‘protection of co-workers’?
– What are the Data Protection implications of seeking information on an employee’s COVID-19 vaccination status?
2. Managing remote workers.
– Can an employee refuse to return to work?
– Can employers prevent staff from travelling and working abroad?
– Will remote workers want to return to the workplace?
– Do they have the right to continue working remotely?
– How do you keep staff engaged and productive when working remotely?
3. Employment Legislation
– New legislation – WRC Hearings to be held in public from July 29, 2021
– Consequence of not providing an Employment Contract
– The Right to Disconnect
– Introduction of Statutory Sick Pay Scheme
4. Recruitment & Selection
– ‘People are your greatest asset’ – wrong!! ‘The RIGHT people are your greatest asset’
– Tips to ensure you select the ‘right person’ which is critical to your business success.
– The critical importance of a proper Induction / onboarding process and the Probationary Period
Who is the event for?
Small to medium sized businesses who employ or want to employ Remote workers, then this online event is for you.
Speaker bio: Michael Boyd (Boyd HR).
Boyd HR is a human resource company based in Letterkenny Co. Donegal. Michael Boyd owner of Boyd HR has experience working for large American Multinationals in different business sectors & enjoying the luxury of exposure to ‘leading-edge thinking & best practice’, However he wanted to offer small businesses the same human resource benefits that large multinational companies received from their in house HR department. Mindful that 90% of all people employed in the North West work in organisations of less than ten staff, he realised that the target clients could not justify having a dedicated HR Specialist. Today Boyd HR bring ‘leading-edge thinking & best practice in people management’ to their clients on an outsourced basis. Boyd Hr is their HR Department. They effectively partner with their clients in ensuring their business success.
The above Lunch & Learn will be a 45 minutes session of content and 15 minutes for questions. We will use ZOOM to deliver this meeting online.
Registration at Eventbrite HERE – FREE
All registrants will be sent the link as it is a limited capacity meeting specifically for certain Donegal Business Networks and guests.
All attendees will receive a link in the follow up email to a downloadable pdf with the tips from Michael
Donegal Business Network
Donegal Women in Business
Tech NorthWest SkillNet
and Business Matters at Highland Radio