Why you might not be getting referrals
Ten Possible Reasons You do not get enough Referrals.
If we do €1.2m this year then divide that by 15 members and we all got €90k. Did you? Did you get half of that as in €45k. Why not?
1. Nobody likes you – are you showing interest in other members or are you too focused on you. It is unlikely, that nobody likes you, so it maybe the case that you just need to connect more.
2. Responsibility – Do you do your bit as a member to make the Network work for everybody – it does affect your credibility
3. Nobody knows you – do more 121’s, this is when people pay attention to you. And this is when they can get to understand who you want to meet, who may be in their network.
4. People do not understand what you want – Being specific is terrific, is it start ups or new builds, budgets under €100k or over €200k, B2B or B2C – do not talk about too many topics.
5. Do you pass referrals – people will want to refer you when you refer to them. It is human nature. Likewise if you do not pass referrals, guess what. It is not ‘natural’ to think of others ahead of your own interests, but thinking of others is in your own interests.
6. Substitutes – Do you send a sub rather than leave an empty chair. Is the Sub prepped to advertise for you? Is the sub someone who could be a good visitor to the Network.
7. People zone out if your 60 seconds advertising is the same every week. Highland Radio would charge thousands for a weekly 60 second slot. You pay in time every week and your fees, so make it work. Make it interesting every week and ask for what you want.
8. 10 Minute presentation – Be well prepared, show examples of your work, but do not get technical and do not go over time – take questions, educate fellow members about your business
9. Be specific in the 60 seconds. Talk about real named existing clients or case studies rather than features or widgets.
You are not actually asking for Referrals – name the people you want to meet. Start with the industry sector, find some companies, find the buyers names, make it easier for people to refer you. We are all Sales people and salespeople need to know who their target audience is by name
10. Why else? …. Not enough members ? Too many Members ? Not enough deep relationships ? It just takes time to get the hang of it ?